Biryani is a famous rice dish and commonly preferred with lamb or goat. Like Tikka, Biryani is also served and enjoyed at almost every sub-continental wedding event.
- Meat 1 Kg
- Anaaj Valley™ Signature Basmati Rice 3 1⁄2 Cup (Washed & Soaked for 25-30 mins)
- Onion 3 Medium/300 gm (Finely Sliced)
- Tomatoes 3-4 Medium/300 gm
- Potatoes 2 Medium/250 gm
- Garlic and Garlic Paste 4 Table Spoon
- Yogurt Plain 1 Cup /200 gm (Whipped)
- Cooking Oil 1 Cup/175 ml
- Biryani Paste 150 gm
- Thoroughly rinse and soak the rice in a small bowl for 25-30 mins for later use.
- Pour oil in a pan and let it heat, then fry sliced onions until the onions are light golden.
- Then add tomatoes and fry until oil separates.
- Then take a medium pot and mix meat, ginger and garlic paste, yogurt, potatoes and Biryani Paste.
- Then stir fry the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Then add water for gravy (Beef/goat 4 cups, Chicken 2 cups).
- Cover the pot and cook on low heat until meat is tender.
- Then increase heat and stir fry until oil separates from gravy.
- In a separate pan add 15 cups or 3 liters water, 3 tablespoons of salt, and soaked rice. Boil rice until 3⁄4 cooked.
- Then remove the rice and drain thoroughly.
- Then in the rice pot, spread half rice in pot and pour meat curry on top.
- The pour the remaining rice on top of the curry.
- Cover pot and cook on low heat until rice is fully cooked (5-10 minutes).
- Serve with salad and Anaaj Valley™ Pudina raita.
Use breast, ribs and shoulder cuts for meat.